Creative Writing Toolbox
A five-week workshop where we get back to the basic tools of fiction writing. This workshop is meant for anyone new to the craft, looking to develop tools they will need for the writing journey, as well as experienced writers who need a refresher class and a new perspective.
- Together, we will explore sensory writing, to add depth and lushness to your work.
- Learn how to plot a story that keeps readers turning the page to see what happens next.
- Create characters who are appealing and capable of evoking empathy.
- Write dialogue that is natural and moves your story forward in a purposeful manner.
- Play with different settings, or time and place, to discover what will best serve your work.
- Explore different styles, or elements and techniques, used in storytelling.
- Consider what point of view, or how your story is relayed to the reader, would be most effective for your particular work.
Each week will feature lecture, custom writing prompts and exercises, work sharing and assignments in a dynamic and inspiring 2-hour session.
An 8-week course designed to help you uncover and embrace your particular artistic style so that you can be more creatively productive and find more enjoyment in the process. The foundation for this work is steeped in coaching, as opposed to critique.
This class is for all artists – writers, dancers, photographers, painters – storytellers across the board.
- Create an Artistic Vision of the artist you see yourself being and the work you want to do.
- Set Creative Goals that inspire and motivate you and produce measurable results.
- Learn how to set up a physical space, where your creative work happens.
- Develop practices that will serve your artistry.
- Be supported in creative community and learn the finer points of artistic camaraderie.
- Explore hands-on tools that will help you get your creative work done.
- Give yourself permission to navigate the world as an artist and nurture your interior landscape.
Each week will include lecture topics tailored to the needs of the class members and the work they are producing, work-sharing by each participant, original creative exercises and informal group discussion of the creative and life issues that come up for participants and impact their work.
Study Group: Women Who Run With the Wolves
An ongoing group that will meet regularly to read and discuss this landmark book by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes.
We will explore the Wild Woman archetype, as described and illustrated by Pinkola-Estes, in stories and myths that celebrate the feminine spirit, soul and intuition. As we read and study, we will share our our own stories, observations and reactions in an effort to embrace our natural instinctual nature as women – to celebrate our creativity, passionate spirit and wisdom.
This longtime NYT bestseller was written over the course of 20 years by a respected mythic scholar, Jungian analyst, poet and traditional Latina cantadora.
All classes will be held in the Camden-Rockport area of Midcoast Maine and begin in January 2016. For more information or to register, please inquire through this blog or email Teresa directly at TheVillageScribe@hotmail.com